Arizona Telecommunications & Information Council (ATIC) Multitenant Building Telecommunications Access Study PREVIOUS CONTENTS APPENDIX 1
NEXT National Resources:
Building Managers and Owners Related Resources
Appendix 1: National Organizational Resources
Telecommunications Contractors Related Resources
- Building Industry Consultants Service International (BICSI) - http://www.bicsi.org/
- 8610 Hidden River Parkway, Tampa, FL 33637, (813) 979-1991, Toll-Free: (800) 242-7405, Fax: (813) 971-4311. BICSI is an international not-for-profit telecommunications association, was founded in 1974 to serve and support telephone company building industry consultants (BICs) responsible for the design and distribution of telecommunications wiring in commercial and multi-family buildings.
- National Association of Communications Contractors (NACC) - http://www.cabcert.com/
- 1811 Ivy Rd., Oceanside, CA 92054, (760) 754-9129, Fax: (760) 754-9591. NACC is a professional organization serving as an unbiased platform to support the communications cabling industry. Membership includes individuals, contracting firms, and training organizations. NACC offers training courses and a Certified Communications Design Specialist (CCDS) program.
- National Systems Contractors Association (NSCA) - http://www.nsca.org/
- NSCA Headquarters, 419 First St. SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401, (800) 446-6722, Fax: (319) 366-4164. NCSA Satellite Office, 2857 West Firebrook Rd., Tucson, AZ 85741, (520) 888-9713, Fax: (520) 888-9715. NSCA is the leading association representing the commercial electronic systems industry (audio, video, intercom/paging, telecommunications, security/access control) and an advocate of all who work within the low-voltage industry, including systems contractors/integrators, consultants, product manufacturers, sales representatives, architects, specifying engineers and others.
- Government Issues - http://www.nsca.org/nscaweb/guest/resource/government/index.asp
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) - http://www.abc.org/
- 1300 N. Seventeenth St., Suite 800, Rosslyn, VA 22209, (703) 812-2000. ABC is a national trade association representing over 21,000 contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and related firms from across the country and from all specialties in the construction industry.
- Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America - http://www.agc.org/
- 333 John Carlyle St., Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 548-3118, Fax: (703) 548- 3119. AGC is the nation's largest and oldest construction trade association and consists of qualified construction contractors and industry related companies. AGC works to improve the construction industry by educating the industry to employ the finest skills, promoting use of the latest technology, and advocating building the best quality projects for owners, both public and private.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) - http://www.aiaonline.com/ or http://www.e-architect.com/
- 1735 New York Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20006, (202) 626-7300, Fax: (202) 626-7587. AIA represents the architectural profession, advancing the value of architects and architecture for more than 135 years through AIA member resources and as the collective voice of the profession.
- Government and Industry Affairs - http://www.e-architect.com/gov/govaffairs.htm
- Advanced Technology Facilities Design: 1997 Review - http://www.e-architect.com/conted/advntech/
- American Architectural Foundation (AAF) - http://www.aafpages.org/
- Construction Market Data (CMD) - http://www.cmdonl.com/
- (ProFile on the Web) Listing of U.S. Architecture Firms - http://www.cmdg.com/profile/
- Building Products Directory - http://www.e-architect.com/products/pierpoint/
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) - http://www.nspe.org/
- 1420 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 684-2800, Fax: (703) 836-4875. NSPE is an engineering society that represents individual engineering professionals and licensed engineers (PEs) across all disciplines. NSPE strengthens the engineering profession by promoting engineering licensure and ethics, enhancing the engineer image, advocating and protecting PEs' legal rights at the national and state levels, publishing news of the profession, and providing continuing education opportunities.
- Professional Engineers in Construction - http://www.nspe.org/pracdiv/pd1-cact.asp
- Association for Facilities Engineering (AFE) - http://www.afe.org/
- 8180 Corporate Park Dr., Suite 305, Cincinnati, OH 45242, (888) 222-0155, Fax: (513) 247-7422. AFE is the premier network for engineers who want to find and exchange information and solutions for their facilities. The association is dedicated to teaching its members new technology and trends; positioning AFE as a leading authority in facility engineering; and influencing the industry to appreciate and use the value of facilities engineering.
- Facilities Operations and Engineering Reference (Book) - http://www.afe.org/rsmeans.htm
- The Construction Specifications Institute - http://www.csinet.org/
- 99 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 684-0300, Toll-Free: (800) 689-2900, Fax (703) 684-0465. CSI is a national professional association that provides technical information and products, continuing education, professional conferences, and product shows to enhance communication among all the nonresidential building design and construction industry's disciplines and meet the industry's need for a common system of organizing and presenting construction documents. CSI's nearly 18,000 members include architects, engineers, specifiers, contractors, building owners, facility managers, and product manufacturers.
- Uniform Drawing System (UDS) - http://www.csinet.org/technic/uds/uds.htm
- National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) - http://www.nibs.org/
- 1090 Vermont Ave., NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005-4905, (202) 289-7800; Fax: (202) 289-1092. The National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization established by the Congress to serve the public interest by promoting a more rational regulatory environment for the building community, by facilitating the introduction of new and innovative technology, and disseminating nationally recognized technical information.
- U.S. National CAD Standard - http://www.nibs.org/ncs/ncs.htm
- Building Officials and Code Administrators International (BOCAI) - http://www.bocai.org/
- 4051 W. Flossmoor Rd., Country Club Hills, IL 60478, (708) 799-2300, Fax: (708) 799-4981. BOCAI is a nonprofit membership association whose members span the building community, from code enforcement officials to materials manufacturers and is dedicated to preserving the public health, safety and welfare in the built environment through the effective, efficient use and enforcement of Model Codes.
- International Code Council (ICC - formerly CABO) - http://www.intlcode.org/
- Riser Management Systems - http://www.riser.com/
- 200 Church Street, PO Box 1264, Burlington, VT 05402, (800) 747-3779 , Fax: (802) 860-0381. Riser Management Systems, is a leading provider of telecommunications engineering, consulting, and riser management services to the commercial real estate industry.
Multitenant Building Telecommunications Access Study PREVIOUS CONTENTS APPENDIX 1
NEXT National Resources:
Building Managers and Owners Related Resources